The Early Childhood Center at Metairie Park Country Day School seeks an experienced early childhood educator to fill the position of Part-Time Early Childhood Teacher from January 2019 through May 2019. The successful candidate will be an organized and enthusiastic educator who thrives on working closely with young people in a collaborative and forward-thinking environment. A Bachelor’s degree and experience in early childhood education is required with an advanced degree preferred. The ability to work positively with children, parents, teachers, and school leadership is essential. This part-time position includes eligibility to participate in our benefits package along with all school year holidays. The Co-Teacher reports to the Director of the Early Childhood Center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintaining all paperwork associated with Type III License standards
· Attending all staff meetings
· Earning 12 clock hours of training per year, 3 hours of Health and safety training, and CPR/First Aid training
· Maintaining written and oral communication with families
· Maintaining communication with team members and Director
· Consistently arriving to work on time and staying until the appointed departure time
· Performing other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Director
· Maintaining organized and clean classroom environments
· Planning and executing developmentally appropriate activities
· Attending to all needs of the children and maintaining focus on them at all times during work hours
· Assist children with all self-help skills including toileting and diapering as needed
· College Degree and experience in early childhood education.
· Positive interactions with children, parents, teachers, Director, and Head of School.
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Organized and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
· An ability to work effectively as a member of a teaching team
Additional information about Country Day is available on our web site: www.mpcds.com
Interested parties should forward a resume, a cover letter with teaching philosophy, and a personal statement with a specific description of what we might see in a class taught by the candidate.
Applicants may email materials to Paul_Casadaban@mpcds.com and should include “ECC Teacher Position” in the subject line of the email.
Although emailing is preferred, application materials may also be mailed to the following address:
Mr. Paul Casadaban
Human Resources Manager
Metairie Park Country Day School
300 Park Road Metairie, LA 70005
Metairie Park Country Day School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.